Saturday, June 28, 2014

Double Chocolate "Milk" Shake

Oh my goodness, my husband gets some major pointers for todays blog post! He had been playing around with smoothie, and milk shake recipes the last few weeks, since all the kids are home for the summer! He definitely blended this one to perfection! You nailed it baby! 


Ingredients:

  • 4 frozen ripe bananas 
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • one can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated)
  • 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
  • water




We use a vitamix (which I absolutely LOVE) Its pretty easy to blend anything just right. The Bananas sweeten it perfectly. I usually add a little water if it is too thick upon blending, otherwise you can skip this ingredient. Of course I had to top it with my vegan whipped cream because I had it from making pancakes this particular morning :) I promise I don't eat/make it everyday!! I also sprinkled it with cacao nibs, and a little love. 




 This is absolutely perfect for any sweet tooth cravings, or an energy boost. The combination of the bananas and cacao beats any cup of coffee you might think you need! I have SO much energy after drinking it. I hope everyone is having a GREAT summer!
<3
Karissa May




No comments:

Post a Comment